Thursday, October 20, 2011

Zucchini pasta and an interview!

So, I'm super excited because I just got a call from our local newspaper and they want to interview me about my diet! *gulp* It's kind of nerve wracking, but I'm excited! They're going to come and take pictures of me making my supper tomorrow night.  I'm thinking I'm going to make a green smoothie, like I always do for supper, and then have a dessert so there's something a little fancier...I'm leaning towards a chocolate orange cheesecake I made a few weeks ago on our homecoming dance night.  A friend, my mom and I went out to eat and came back to eat cheesecake and watch movies :) I think that sounds way more fun than a high school dance, but that's just me! :)
Anyways, onto the grub...a couple nights ago my family had spaghetti.  My mom's partially raw--she eats a lot of raw food, but will often eat cooked food that she makes for the familt.  However, any type of gluten (i.e. white flour) or sugar will give a headache nearly as soon as she eats it, so she prefers zucchini pasta instead of normal pasta.  It's made with a funky little tool called a spiralizer.  Doesn't it look super similar to normal noodles? :D

For whatever reason, the picture's posting sideways and I can't get it to flip the right way.  Oh well!
Next, I had made carob fudge and completely forgotten to post this picture.  I can't remember where I found the recipe, but I did tweak it a LOT, so props to whoever originated it!

 Raw Carob Fudge


1/2 cup almond butter (you can use roasted, but obviously it won't be raw.  Depending on the almond butter you get, roasted is often creamier.  My fudge has more of a gritty texture because I use Maranatha Raw
almond butter, and it isn't ground finely. Other raw almond butters might be smoother though.)
1/4 cup agave syrup/nectar (can sub maple syrup, but isn't raw)
5-6 drops liquid stevia **if you don't have liquid stevia, just omit it and use a little less than 1/2 cup agave
2 tbsp. carob powder, sifted
2 tbsp mesquite powder, sifted (mesquite is what really gives it its flavor, but if you want you can substitute more carob)

Stir all together in a bowl! If you use the 1/2 cup of agave, your fudge will be a little gooier than if you use the stevia option.  This fudge is best kept chilled in the fridge or freezer, as it gets an awesomely fudgelike texture when cold.  Enjoy! 

Lastly, I'll provide you all with a link to the cheesecake I'm going to make.  It's orange chocolate, and from the amazing Susan of Rawmazing, where you can always find absolutely delicious recipes! The link is: http://www.rawmazing.com/raw-orange-chocolate-cheesecake/
I keep the filling the same, but change the crust.  For my crust, I use: 2 cups walnuts, 1 cup dates, 1/4 cup cacao/cocoa powder.                         

Sooo...that's all for now.  I'll update later on how the interview went! Everyone enjoy your Friday! 

Megan               

No comments:

Post a Comment